Merit Fitness Brand Review — Under $500 Fitness Experts
Read Other Treadmills
It’s been a long day at the DOJO for the Treadmill Sensei. Today we received a huge shipment of equipment for a brand new women’s fitness center down in Orange County. Actually, it was 5 shipments from various vendors and nearly 30 pieces of equipment. It was a crazy time and I am glad Hikaru is still in the doghouse because I put him in charge of getting everything unloaded from the trucks and sorted in the big warehouse space. As Mrs. Sensei constantly reminds me, I’m not as young as I used to be and I shouldn’t be messing with 200+ pound treadmills, ellipticals and strength circuit equipment…leave it to the younger Senseis who have yet been crushed by the weight of the world!
So now that everyone has left and the DOJO is dark and quiet, I thought I’d sit down and write a quick piece on one of the newest entries in to the world of treadmills and ellipticals, Merit Fitness.
Merit Fitness is a line that is less than a year old and is the latest in a very long list of brands from Johnson Tech, which includes Horizon, Matrix and Vision. Merit is Johnson’s first real foray into the lowest end of the realm of fitness that Proform has previously dominated. Luckily for budget-consious consumers, Merit does an excellent job at producing some decent treadmills and ellipticals in the under $500 range.
Now, Merit’s equipment is too new to see how well it will hold up to the test of time, but in their first year there have been almost no major complaints on any of their equipment. Knowing the track record of Johnson’s other budget brand, Horizon, I can see some very bright things in their future.
- Merit 710E Elliptical – A solid contender with 4 buddahs.
- Merit 720e Elliptical – a great elliptical now priced at an amazingly low cost, and a unit definitely in the running for a 2007-2008 best buy award from the Sensei.
- Merit 710t Treadmill – A very decent treadmill at a rock bottom price.
- Merit 720t Treadmill – A slight upgrade from the 710t treadmill.
- Merit 730t Treadmill – Merit’s top of the line treadmill at $499.99.
-The Treadmill Sensei